Sunday, November 15, 2009

Κύριος Notes :Did Angels Really Talk to You?

Adoration/Praise


Oh Lamb of God, Sweet lamb of God
I love the Holy Lamb of God
Oh wash me in His precious Blood
My Jesus Christ the Lamb of God
I was so lost I should have died
But You have brought me to Your side
To be led by Your staff and rod
And to be call a lamb of God
T. Paris
Scripture Reflection: Luke 24

9When they came back from the tomb, they told all these things to the Eleven and to all the others. 10It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the others with them who told this to the apostles. 11But they did not believe the women, because their words seemed to them like nonsense.

Lord Jesus--These women who went to the tomb out of love and respect. They heard the angels report and yet they were not believed.

12Peter, however, got up and ran to the tomb. Bending over, he saw the strips of linen lying by themselves, and he went away, wondering to himself what had happened.

Peter listened and was excited enough to run to the tomb. Did he remember your words of hope? Did he remember that you promised to rise from the dead? He saw and wondered. There are times when I know that you are working Lord and yet the meaning is not clear. I can see the events and data, but I like Peter and left wondering. I don't know how to put all the pieces together.

It was in this crack of time between when you rose and when you were first were seen by the disciples, that these men had a chance to grow their faith. Especially Peter needed to see You. There was so much that was left unfinished in his heart. Yet he like the rest had to wait.

In those times Lord Jesus when I am waiting for you to arrive, help me to remember that it is the time when real growth of faith, heart and life takes place. Holy Spirit work in my heart today
.

No comments:

Post a Comment