Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Κύριος Notes :A Step Away From Hope

Adoration/Praise
Show me Your Ways
Show me Your ways
That I may walk with You.
Show me Your ways,
I put my hope in You;
The cry of my heart is to love You more,
To live with the touch of Your hand,
Stronger each day, show me Your ways.

Scripture Reflection: Luke 24:17-24

He asked them, "What are you discussing together as you walk along?" They stood still, their faces downcast. 18One of them, named Cleopas, asked him, "Are you only a visitor to Jerusalem and do not know the things that have happened there in these days?"
19"What things?" he asked.

Lord Jesus there have been times when witnessing has been just this natural and easy..."Hey Kurt, What is going on?" Simple questions can be overlooked and unanswered. These two followers had not had the luxury of history or of words that Peter would write in a few years:

Peter 3:15
15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.


They were a step away from hope...just a sandal step away for the one who was the resurrected hope: alive and victorious over sin, the grave and hell itself.


"About Jesus of Nazareth," they replied. "He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. 20The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; 21but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. And what is more, it is the third day since all this took place. 22In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning 23but didn't find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive. 24Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but him they did not see."

This is the gospel in a nutshell. A small paragraph that sums up the whole of the story of Your ministry Lord Jesus. The tomb was empty...you were right there in front of them as they gave their account. They did not understand. Hope will confront my misunderstanding, thickheaded and hard hearted-ness every time.

Lord Jesus give me the strength to make it through the confrontation to the realization of your hope alive within me and around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment