Saturday, November 14, 2009

Κύριος Notes :Morning Dawns

Praise


Lord Jesus- This morning thank you for answers to prayer. I haven't been able to stop thinking about answers to prayers...prayers that are desperate, honest and heart felt. I praise you for the way that you intercede and advocate for your people. Thank you for the answers to prayers that I have seen. Thank you for the answers to prayers that are on thier way...that I have not even prayed yet. Thank you for your active intervention.


Scripture Reflection: Luke 24
1On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. 2They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.

These women came to the tomb and expected to find you dead. How many times Lord Jesus do I expect to find a corpse and I find life instead life? They were looking to bring closure and you were going to bring them a new begining.

So many times it is right at the end of my dreams and my hopes that you step in with something so much better, stronger and wiser. Tired and in the harsh light of day, they just wanting to say good by to a dream. I wonder how long it had been since these faithful followers of yours had had any sleep. I am sure that they were just exhausted and grieving.

Lord, in so many ways I am like those women at the tomb this morning. In the harsh light of morning the hopes and dreams of what could be done in your name seem to be a long way from realization. Yet, I am surely convinced that you are a God that answers prayer. Honest, desperate, heartfelt prayers from your people do not go unanswered. Lord Jesus intercede in the situations that confront and confound this morning. My dreams can end without even a whimper...let the angels come and point to the truth just like on that first Lord's Day.

4While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. 5In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.' " 8Then they remembered his words.

And then the angels spoke. It wasn't anything new or different that they said. In fact Lord you had said many of these same words to the disciples and to your followers more than once. Why is it that it takes angels of light to validate what the Son of God had already said for it all of it to make sense.
Lord help me to hear what you are saying...send angels if you need to but don't stop speaking. I wonder how I would react if an angel of light appeared right in the middle of my wonderings about your will and the road forward. What would they say to me?

Speak Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment