Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Κύριος Notes :Following Jesus to the End of Our Dreams

Adoration
Jesus Messiah
Name above all names
Blessed Redeemer
Emmanuel
The rescue for sinners
The ransom from Heaven
Jesus Messiah Lord of all
His body the bread
His blood the wine
Broken and poured out all for love
The whole earth trembled
And the veil was torn
Love so amazing
Love so amazing

Scripture Reflection: Luke 23

55The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how his body was laid in it. 56Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.


These women were looking at the end of their dreams. They had thought that Jesus was Messiah, but this was not the way that it was supposed to turn out. There were no angels of light leading the charge to rescue Him from the cross. There was only darkness.

And yet they followed even in the dark and did what they could do. They did not abandon hope, they did not stop doing what they could do. Even when it was the last right thing that they could do for the Master, they were going to take care of Him in a way that honored Him.

Lord Jesus in this day help me to be like these women who followed even through the darkness. Help me shine in this day, even when it is dark.

Some of your were praying for me this week. Thank you! I went down to NYC yesterday and got lost in the subway and was sure that I would never get to my appointment on time.I was frustrated and anxious so I shot out a foxhole prayer..."Jesus help me get to 90 Church street on time!" Then I think I met Jesus...I wonder if he works part time as an MTA worker...a guy who told me where to stand and which side to wait for the train. That is the kind of guy I want to be today...pointing people to The Way. By the way got to my meeting on time and I think I actually said a few things that made sense...blessings in your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment