Thursday, November 26, 2009

Κύριος Notes :Tell It To Me One More Time

Adoration/Praise

We Want to See Jesus Lifted High
We want to see Jesus lifted high
A banner that flies across this land
That all men may see the truth and know
He is the way to heaven
We want to see
We want to see
We want to see Jesus lifted high
Doug Horley


Scripture Reflection: Luke 24
44He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

So many times Lord what you are doing in my life...just like in the life of the disciples is to teach me the same lessons until they sink into this heart of mine. I am not sure that there is any other way to teach lessons of the heart, except over time almost like learning to play a musical instrument. Until you come to the place where the is not so much thought as there is developed instinct...or intuition...or thoughtless but trained movement of the fingers to the place where the music comes from. What I know for sure is that lessons of the heart take years of repetition to come to the place where thought, practice, life and attitude come together. Lord continue the lessons.

45Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

All the lessons depend on the interaction of the Holy Spirit opening minds and hearts to the call of God. Lord Jesus the disciples had to come to the place where they could hear with their ears and understand with their hearts. They needed that and I need that. It is another way of teaching the lesson of the heart...it is the connecting of mind and heart into a human whole. It was what Paul was aiming at when he wrote.

Romans 12:1-2
1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

As I get better at the connection between heart and mind...both of which have been given to Your use Lord Jesus it is then that Your will becomes clear.

48You are witnesses of these things. 49I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."

The disciples were witnesses of the love of God, the power of God, the changes that the Spirit of God can bring. Help me be that kind of witness today in the interactions that I have, may they be pleasing to you Oh Lord my Rock and My Salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment