Thursday, February 11, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Nesting and Your Call


Scripture Reflection:Holes and Nests
18When Jesus saw the crowd around him, he gave orders to cross to the other side of the lake. 19Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, "Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go."
20Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

Lord Jesus-- In the journey to follow you there are no guarantees. It is a journey in a far country. Why do I want to make myself at home in a place that is just a hotel room at best? Your call is to a life that is focused on obedience not nesting. So what does this imply about the things that You bring into my life and the successes that come along the way? That they should be held lightly? Things are not the point.

Teach me your way of traveling light in a world that focuses on consumerism and waste. The person with the most toys at the end of the game only ends up with a lot of things that end up in the recycling bind when they are gone

21Another disciple said to him, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father."
22But Jesus told him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead."

It is not certain if this person’s father was even dead yet. The real question is what comes first family loyalty or Your call on my life. Your call on my life is to follow you in obedience. Traveling light is following You where ever the next step leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment