Monday, February 1, 2010

Κύριος Notes: Golden Thankfulness


Scripture Reflection: Matthew 7: 9-12

9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Lord Jesus—The Father gives good gifts. I am thinking about the blessings that are a part of my life. So much more than bread and fish…Lord Jesus thank you this warm house…this sense of your leading and your provision for all my needs.

12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Blessings received at the Father’s hands, have implications for the way that I treat those I come in contact with. Not based on trying to get even, but rather on what we have been given by the Father and how that should inform that way we respond to those around us. My interactions should be reciprocal because of the blessings received at the Father’s hand not because I can expect reciprocity from everyone I meet. There are times when life is practicing random acts of kindness. The summing up the law and the prophets to the golden rule only makes sense within the context of thankfulness.

I am thankful for Your grace Lord Jesus may my thankfulness inform this day and everything that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment