Sunday, January 31, 2010

Κύριος Notes: We Need To Start At The Start


Matthew 7
7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Lord Jesus--So often I am the one who just starts the work whatever it is without including you in the process…as if the completion of the task is the point.

The real point is always the same your heart, mind and your will enbedded in my life right smack-dab in the middle of Saratoga Springs. That is the point of this life that I am living. Seeing your will and your way worked out in the mix of my life, as confusing and challenging as it is at times.

So the beginning is not action, it is prayer. Prayer that your will can be worked out in this fractured, muddled up world that I live. Your will can be worked out within this fracture and muddled up heart of mine.

You remind me Lord Jesus, that the reason that the start of activity is prayer: is simply that you want to be included in every part of my life. That is simple yet it is not easy for me to understand that the God of all creation want to be a part of my everyday.

8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Lord Jesus--I look to you…I ask for your direction and your grace in meeting the challenges that confront me. I know that you are here right now, even when I am not consciously aware of you. I hear the promise of answers when I ask…answers and opened doors. Sometimes they are not the doors that I even knew enough to knock on, but your promise is: answers, open doors and finding when I seek.
Lord Jesus I know that you have already begun the process of opening closed doors that I have been knocking on. Help me to be faithful in the asking, the seeking and the knocking in this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment