Friday, January 8, 2010

Κύριος Notes:Commited to Truth Everyday




Praise

2 Samuel 22:47
"The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior!

Scripture Reflection: Matthew 5:33-36

In the background of these verse is the simple need to tell the truth without fanfare and without the need to underscore our word with oaths.

33"Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not break your oath, but keep the oaths you have made to the Lord.' 34But I tell you, Do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne; 35or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King.

All that this is in life, all of the things that stand up to the test of time and weathering, are there because of Your grace, Lord Jesus. My hand on the Bible or a stack of bibles should not change the level of truthfulness of my words. I am not more truthful, if I pledge an oath by this earth, or by the strength that You have given Lord Jesus, or by anything else. All of it comes from You.

36And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

So when I say yes, it needs to be yes…not maybe…not if everything goes just right…but yes. Commitments made to You Jesus need to be lived out in the everyday, wash and wear world of life. In fact, that is the only place that it really makes a difference. It is not just about words and rituals…it is about reality lived out every day that my commitments make a difference. My yes to You Lord, should inform that way that I live my life every day. It should change the way I think, the way I feel and the way that I act. Make is so today.
Lord Jesus work within the confinds of this heart and this day to make my yes...a simple yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment