Saturday, January 30, 2010

Κύριος Notes:Do I really want Justice?


Matthew 7
1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.


Judgment is always something that is reflexive and a mirror to my view of the world. Lord Jesus I have such blind spots that I do not want to be shown. There are so many areas that I am able to conceptualize but not actualize what I know to be your will for my life.

I end up like Moses able to see the land of promise and even smell the wind of the land of milk and honey but not quite ever get there.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

I can never get the plank out of my eye Lord with out the Holy Spirit’s continued direct intervention and power. Why does anyone else’s stuff even come to mind when my sight is so full of wood? Distraction…so many of my defenses in this area really boils down to slight of hand that forms my limitations of sight and insight.

Sometimes the prophetic work of the Holy Spirit is so close to home that I my eyes can’t take in the light on the log that I have been looking at front and center for so long. Until I can let go of the log that my eye has been massaging further insight becomes difficult.

6"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

So how does judging with unequal measures give what is sacred to those who have no appreciation for it, Lord? Offering opinions on things that I have no handle on is just a place where I will end up getting hurt by those who have no interest in anything except damage. It is better to keep silent and keep my ruminations to myself. Being one thing and saying another will always lead to hurt.

You know as well as I Lord, that I could never stand justice. I need unmerited, scandalous grace flowing in my life from begining to end or that log right in my sight of vision will never move.

Lord Jesus that leads me to a dangerous prayer. Guide my hand as I reach for the log each day, and may your grace flow in an unending stream...until one day the log doesn't return.

No comments:

Post a Comment