Friday, January 15, 2010

Κύριος Notes:Continued Lessons on Prayer



Praise
Job 1:21

"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."


Scripture Reflection: Matthew 6

9"This, then, is how you should pray:
" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
Lord Jesus, you taught that the beginning of prayer should be praise…acknowledgement that the very privilege of communication is a hallowed activity.

I have been actively trying to include you in my thought life…in my internal dialogue that goes on with in me. It continues to amaze me Lord Jesus that you want to be a part of my life at the most intimate level possible…my thoughts, my feelings and my actions. Pray without ceasing...means inclusion in everything. But prayer starts out with praise that you would want to be included in the first place.

10 your kingdom come,
your will be done

on earth as it is in heaven.

As I think of the situation on Haiti, I realize how far you kingdom is from coming. I realize the need that surrounds me here in Saratoga. It is overwhelming to think of the levels of need.
Yet in the middle of it, you are there bringing about your kingdom and working out your will. The words of Job's praise is so fitting...You give Lord Jesus and take away, my place is to praise no matter what.

Lord Jesus create in me a heart that sees beyond the present ambiguous and difficult situations to see the ways that you are working out your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment