Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Κύριος Notes:Clear Focus



Praise

Nehemiah 9:5

"Stand up and praise the LORD your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting. Blessed be your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise."




Scripture Reflection:Matthew 6
5"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

The focus of prayer is not visibility to the people that surround me. I am not praying to them. In some ways, it can get to the place where I pratice a kind of pratical atheism if I focus on the people that surround me…the congregation is not the focus. You are the focus, Lord Jesus.

Lord Jesus teach me in the ways of prayer that sees your power brought to bear on the issues that confront me.


6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Rewards and answers to prayers seem to go hand in hand. Prayer done in secret is just like giving which is done in secret. It has its reward far beyond what is seen and understood by my feeble eyes. Prayer changes the world, prayer changes the issues, and prayer changes me.

7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

You know my needs and the desires of my heart Lord Jesus. You know the places where past hurts impact my ability to accurately even see the situations that confront me. I don’t need to prattle on about my needs and issues. You know them even before I am completely aware of them and know enough to pray.

Lord Jesus teach the ways of prayer, help me to focus on what is really important in my life and in the lives of those who share this journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment