Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Κύριος Notes: Falling Rain Changes The World Around It



Praise
1 Chronicles 29:12-14
12 Wealth and honor come from you;
you are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power
to exalt and give strength to all.
13 Now, our God, we give you thanks,
and praise your glorious name.
Scripture Reflection:Matthew 6

1"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Lord Jesus--So now love like rain gets some practicality to it. Giving is something that is not to be used as a way to show off, or impress the people around me. Love sees the needs and seeks to address them. But not to be seen or to use the actions as way to advance my agenda. It is simply because of Your call Lord Jesus that I need to give.

2"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men.

Giving needs to be discreet and back channel whenever possible. It has nothing to do with what anyone else is thinking, feeling or doing. Giving is obeying Your call on my life. Giving has everything to do with the falling rain and loving in a way that shows You in everyday life to those around me.

I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

In the end giving, much like loving has less to do with the way we feel, and than it does with obedience. It doesn’t even have all that much to do with how we feel about the needy that surround us. The needs are important but the most important part is the simple lesson that you call me to live open handed and open hearted. Whatever I am holding on to so tightly is what is between me and doing your will.

The audience that I am seeking to gain the approval of is not found in the market place or the town square or even on the internet. The audience I am living for watches from a much closer vantage point than the market place. You watch from my heart, Lord Jesus.

Lord Jesus in this day show me ways to give with your approval in mind.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. Adds alot to the thoughts. Trying to "give" more today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...pics help me focus on the point...

    ReplyDelete