Monday, January 25, 2010

Κύριος Notes:Clear Eyed Service


Praise

Psalm 7:17 (New International Version)
17 I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness

and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.


Scripture Reflection Matthew 6:22-24

22"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. 23But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

Lord Jesus--Focus is essential. Being clear about what surrounds me is essential. You are the one that brings clarity. My job is to walk in the light that you bring into my life. There are times when you need to open the eyes of my heart, help me to see what has been there all a long. Sometimes my eyes just are not able to see what is right in front of me. Even when I don’t understand, understanding is not the point. Obedience is what is required.

24"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

Serving implies obedience, follow through and loyalty even when it is difficult. Loyalty even in those times when I don’t understand and the way is dark. Who am I loyal to? Who do I think about? How well am I following today?

Jesus help me to be clear eyed today...attuned to your call. Serving you in the middle of all that surrounds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment