Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Κύριος Notes: Reconciliation and Worship





Praise

Deuteronomy 32:2-3
2 Let my teaching fall like rain
and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants.
3 I will proclaim the name of the LORD.
Oh, praise the greatness of our God!


Scripture Reflection: Matthew 5:21-26
21"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' 22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

So how do people following You Jesus handle conflict? The law taught that murder was wrong. Lord Jesus, you taught that not only was murder wrong but anger needed to be dealt with at it's root. That is the rub isn't? There are so many places where anger and resentment get in the way of ongoing relationship. Where angry words spoken in a moment ruin relationships built over years.Words are important and they are part of what will call us to judgment.

So the teaching is the begin with watching what I say. Words need to be controlled in the first place. Reactions in the heat of the moment are usually wrong. A without repentance judgment is just around the corner.


23"Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.

Words and broken relationships get in the way of worship. Offerings at Your altar Lord Jesus are empty of meaning when they are given in the middle of broken relationships. It is interesting that reconciliation is of both parties of a disagreement. If there is brokenness in relationship and I am aware of it I need to fix it as much as in my ability. Even if I think I am the offended party.

25"Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26I tell you the truth, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

Places where I have conflicts are the places where, I can have impact for You Lord Jesus. They are the places where I need your help in finding the way and the will to impact change.

In this day Lord Jesus give me the courage and the energy to be a person of Your peace who remembers in the middle of the clutch the path of reconciliation and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment