Sunday, January 10, 2010

Κύριος Notes:Love Falling Like Rain



Praise

1 Chronicles 16:8-10
8 Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;

make known among the nations what he has done.
9 Sing to him, sing praise to him;

tell of all his wonderful acts.
10 Glory in his holy name;

let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice



Scripture Reflection: Matthew 5

43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies[
i] and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Lord Jesus—It is love toward people who should not be on the list that defines Your call on my life. You call me to love the people it is not easy to love, or have any affection for at all. In fact, the kind of love that you are talking about really is almost beyond feeling…it is showing the love of God demonstrated at the cross. It is a love that is sacrificial; servant-hood encrusted, and grace defined love.

46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

So if I am going to go beyond the level that I see around me in my time and place, You call for something beyond giving to get. You do not call me to reciprocal relationships but to take the risk of asymmetrical relationships. You call me to guerrilla warfare when it comes to love lived out in real life…Love demonstrated beyond enemy lines, even playing games with the whole idea of what the word enemy means. Love shown without distinction just like the rain. Rain doesn't care where it falls it shows no distincition who gets wet it only is obeying the law of gravity.

Does rain get hurt when it falls on me and I don't want to get wet? No! It doesn't care, it is only seeking to listen to what gravity is saying to it.

Lord Jesus in this day teach me the lesson of asymmetrical agape love lived out in the present tense.Let the law of love in my life be as strong as the law of gravity on rain. Let love fall like rain
.

No comments:

Post a Comment