Sunday, January 24, 2010

Κύριος Notes:Treasures where?




Praise
Stand up and praise the LORD your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting. "

"Blessed be your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise. Nehemiah 9:5


Scripture Reflection

19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

Lord Jesus--This is one that I have to watch all the time. Where am I investing? It all surrounds simple questions: like what is the point anyway? Where am I attaching meaning? Is my talk lining up with daily walk?

20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

So then Lord Jesus the question is how invested am I in my coming reward? What am I doing now to maximize impacts for your kingdom in my everyday life?

Your place is a place that is safe and secure…where if my heart is fully invested I need not worry about heart attack, or a heart that is broken beyond repair. If my heart is broken in your work it will only bring increase to your kingdom. Easy to say Lord Jesus until the tears begin to fall...then it somehow looks different.

Lord Jesus--In this day help me to focus on the truly important issues that surround me...to be touched by what breaks your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment