Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Κύριος Notes:A Gate To Grace


Scripture Reflection: Matthew 7:13-14

Lord Jesus—What did you mean by narrow gates and entrance into life? Apply your word to my heart today in these few moments of reflection.


13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

The narrow gate opens from the starting point of fulfillment of the love as I experience the Father’s care which prepares me to be able to live out reciprocity with those who surround me.
John 14:6
6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

You are the door. That exclusivity is something that many struggle to accept. I don’t understand all that it means, but I understand enough to be thankful for grace experienced. Scandalous grace, that You should save a person like me…that you should continue Your ongoing work in my life…leaves me speechless and amazed.
Lord Jesus this grace is nothing that I can take pride in. It is not anything other than your work from beginning to end...then pointing people to the gate becomes only a gesture of hand and life in the direction of your grace received.

No comments:

Post a Comment