Thursday, February 4, 2010

Κύριος Notes:Wise Building


Scripture Reflections Matthew 7:24-27

24"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.

Lord Jesus—You ask me to more than hear the sound waves and read your words but to practice them…to work out the implications of Your words over a life span within the context of an ever changing back drop.

Practice reminds me of playing music and going over the same song again and again until the sound and the fingering is not so much learned as intuited and a part of me. Practice your words within a world that can be distracting at best and an enemy of faith at worst. Practice your words even when I get the melody wrong from time to time and just can’t seem to get in sync with the rhythm of your life song for my life. Practice your words even when it sounds like a cacophony to my untrained ear the song you would have me play. Practice because you are the Word made flesh and you know my fame.

Foundation and integration is something more than an add on, I need to make Your words so a part of my life that streams rise and winds blow and storms beat, but there is resilience and safety within the confines created by faith.

26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

There is a price to not practicing Lord Jesus that I do not want to pay. A price that is to high to pay…destruction.

Lord Jesus--Help me in these days of my life that fly past with increasing speed to build well on your words and to practice with diligence the building blocks of faith. You have the plan, you are at work my part is to keep to the work and to listen. I have to practice the song that you continue to teach me
.

No comments:

Post a Comment