Saturday, October 17, 2009

Κύριος Notes :Darkness Reigned in Roman Hands

Adoration

Light of the world
King of all days
oh, so highly exalted
Glorious in heaven above
Humbly You came To the earth You created
All for love's sake became poor
Here I am to worship,
Here I am to bow down,
Here I am to say that You're my God
You're altogether lovely
All together worthy,All together wonderful to me

Scripture Reflection: Luke 23
1Then the whole assembly rose and led him off to Pilate. 2And they began to accuse him, saying, "We have found this man subverting our nation. He opposes payment of taxes to Caesar and claims to be Christ, a king."

Lord Jesus the charges changed when they had to take you to Caesar's representative. It wasn't blasphemy anymore. It was sedation...rebel rousing and being unwilling to pay taxes to Caesar. They were willing to do whatever it took to make sure you were on that cross.

I wondered what happened to these men who were so sure of themselves at this point in their lives. did they see the temple mount all that was left of Herod's temple? Did they see their children and grandchildren die in the destruction of Jerusalem, or did they tuck tail and run when they saw the Roman legions on the way?

3So Pilate asked Jesus, "Are you the king of the Jews?" "Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied.

These men who lead you to Pilate They knew who you claimed to be all along. You were not the kind of Christ that they wanted. The real question is...am I am willing to serve You even when what you ask is out of my control and not what I really want?

Looking at the decision of these men after the fact it is very easy to get comfortable and to miss the point entirely. You always bring me to the point of a decision...a place where I either have to change or twist the point. They did not want to allow for you to be Christ when you would break the sabbath by healing and see tithing as less important then justice.

Am I willing to allow you to break out of the limits that I have imposed on you by my limited view? Am I willing to have you move in my life without restraint? That remains the question.

Light of the World shine on even when it is hard for me to see what is brought to light.

No comments:

Post a Comment