Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Κύριος Notes :A Price Paid

Adoration

Once Again
And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You
Once again I pour out my life

Scripture Reflection: Luke 23

26As they led him away, they seized Simon from Cyrene, who was on his way in from the country, and put the cross on him and made him carry it behind Jesus.

I wonder what the thoughts were of Simon as he followed You up that hill outside of the city. Was he aware of who You were Lord? Did he understand why You were dieing? Did anyone on that day understand what was happening Lord? You were all alone walking, stumbling ahead of Simeon, too weak from what you had already be through to carry your own cross.

27A large number of people followed him, including women who mourned and wailed for him. 28Jesus turned and said to them, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. 29For the time will come when you will say, 'Blessed are the barren women, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!' 30Then " 'they will say to the mountains, "Fall on us!" and to the hills, "Cover us!" ' 31For if men do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?"

Were you thinking of the coming destruction of Jerusalem with this generation? Could be...were you thinking of the end of things that is yet to be...not sure. It is clear that Your death has carried a cost...a cost for you...a cost for the Father...a cost of rejection.

Thank you Jesus for the price that you paid for my redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment