Sunday, October 18, 2009

Κύριος Notes :Darkness Reigned Over Justice

Adoration

Justice and Mercy
You've put a new song in my mouth
It is a hymn of praise to You
Jus-tice and mercy are its theme
And I will live it back to You

Scripture Reflection: Luke 23
4Then Pilate announced to the chief priests and the crowd, "I find no basis for a charge against this man."

There was a side of Pilate that could see the injustice that was being asked of him. He knew the power blocks in the community in which he he was living. He knew that You had the leadership angry at you.

Justice needs to have courage mixed with it to have any impact.

5But they insisted, "He stirs up the people all over Judea by his teaching. He started in Galilee and has come all the way here."
6On hearing this, Pilate asked if the man was a Galilean. 7When he learned that Jesus was under Herod's jurisdiction, he sent him to Herod, who was also in Jerusalem at that time.

Pilate above all was a political leader and a man who was unable to deal with pressure without worrying about his job. What would have happened if he had been able to stand up for justice in this case? I am sure that these men would have found a way to their end. But how would have that choice have changed Pilate?

Lord Jesus you remind me that choices change me...they form and shape who I am. My choice to follow you each day shapes my life, guards and guides my path.

Help me to follow you and to make the choices that would reflect your glory today.

No comments:

Post a Comment