Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Κύριος Notes:Surrender is More Than Words

Adoration
I'm giving You my heart, all that is within
I lay it all down, for the sake of You my King
And I surrender all to You, all to You
And I surrender all to You, all to You
I'm giving You my dreams, laying down my rights
I'm giving up my pride, for the promise of new life*
And I surrender all to You, all to You
And I surrender all to You, all to You

Scripture Reflections: Luke 22
31"Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. 32But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Lord Jesus you prayed for Simon that this stone could become a rock...that this one who was about to go through a difficult, and questioning time would come out the other side and be able to be a help to the rest of the brothers.

That is a powerful thought...with the power and the strength of the Son of God and the prophetic view of the rest of the life that was before Peter you prayed for him. At a time when your own life on Earth was at it's hardest point you prayed for Peter.

"Satan has asked to Sift you like wheat"...reminiscent of Job. Sometimes this life feels like Job's experience, just for a few self-indulgent moments. I have never thought of ongoing conversations between Satan and God, but there must be some type of communication. I wonder what the conversation about me is like?...and about Living Springs folk? It gives me great hope that you are praying for us Lord Jesus...that you live to make intercession for us to the Father. Right now you are in communication with the Father on our behalf.

33But he replied, "Lord, I am ready to go with you to prison and to death."
34Jesus answered, "I tell you, Peter, before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me."

I would guess that Peter really thought that he was ready to go to prison and death for You Lord when he said this. His impulsive and quick reactions brought him to the point of rash words yet again. This is not the last time that Peter would speak too soon and think too late.

Peter here is saying that he would willing go to the very darkest places for you, just hours before he denys that he even knows you. Lord Jesus teach me the lessons of real surrender and not just saying the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment