Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Κύριος Notes :Prophecy Demanded

Adoration


May The Words Of My Mouth
May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart
Bless Your name, bless Your name, Jesus
And the deeds of the day and the truth in my ways
Speak of You, speak of You, Jesus
For this is what I'm glad to do
It's time to live a life of love that pleases You
And I will give my all to You
Surrender everything I have and follow You
I'll follow You

Scripture Reflection: Luke 22
63The men who were guarding Jesus began mocking and beating him. 64They blindfolded him and demanded, "Prophesy! Who hit you?" 65And they said many other insulting things to him.

Lord Jesus, these men may have been some of the crowd that listened and followed your teaching just a few days earlier. They could have been in the temple or on the street when you healed or taught but now were beating the Son of God and were asking for words of prophecy.

These men were mocking, but I wonder if I sometime view prophecy as something that should be on my timetable? Do I demand a word of prophecy from you Lord Jesus?

The spiritual gifts and graces are not at my command nor are they brought out as if they were board games to entertain or amuse. Prophecy and the word of the Lord must be approached not on demand but more as I am waiting for the latest news of that could change my life from the national news outlets, or more to the point...a word from a loved one who has been on a long journey and is bringing me news from the rest of the family.

Lord Jesus teach me the means of grace and how to use them with a heart tuned to hear all that you would have me to hear. Let me never be one who demands prophecy but rather let me be someone who allows and creates the conditions in my life so that when prophecy is communicated I have listening ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment