Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Κύριος Notes:Being a Reacemakers to a War Torn World

Adoration/Praise

Praise You Lord Jesus for this day--As it dawns around me...as I hear the activity of life starting around me I take time to praise you and thank you for the time, place and hope that this will bring.

Scripture Reflections: Matthew 5:

9Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

More than anything Lord Jesus I want to live out the life that you have called me to be as a child of the Most High. Not easy to do in our war weary world. I know that the 21st century is not fundamentally different that the 1st one was. In your world Roman was the imperial power, set on controlling the Roman salt water lake that I know as the Mediterranean Sea. in the 21st century it is America that thinks that it owns the seven seas...maybe we are know we are not owners, but we at least think that we rent them.

So what does Your Way and your Word have to teach me about how to be a peace maker in a war torn world? What are the insights that you would have to take a way from your word today.

One lesson that is hard for me to learn is that politics are not the point. I would like to think that they are...that if we just get the right system real and lasting change can occur.

Mark 12:17

Then Jesus said to them, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's."

In my heart I know that the New Jerusalem will not be based on political power...no one will be running for mayor of the New Jerusalem. It is not about taxes or health care or private property...as much as I feel safer surround by them in my back yard. They could be evaporated in a blink of an eye.

Security comes from your promises...from your hand of blessing. Yes I need to support the temporal system of which we are apart and work for meaningful justice, mercy and to walk humbly before you.

Peace making is much easier when I can get it through my head and heart that my rights are found not in citizenship that rest on this planet...or in this present world system but at your hand my needs are met. Every table I eat at is your table...every piece of ground that I walk on is yours and is holy because of your presence active and engaged in me to bring about your will and your way.

Lord Jesus remind me a new today that you lead and you guide and you give as you see fit. I can be secure with the reality of your blessing...I can be your peacemaker today.

No comments:

Post a Comment