Sunday, December 6, 2009

Κύριος Notes:Faith Walking

Adoration/Praise


Jesus Generation

Let the earth rejoice
See the risen King
On the clouds of praise
He's exalted forever
We will rise to him
Son of Righteousness
And the earth will shake
With the glory of heaven
See the heavens open wide
And His glory, like a flood
Fills the earth with salvation
See the nations take His hand
And in righteousness they stand
This is Jesus' Generation
Glory, glory, glory
Emmanuel
God is with us

Scripture Reflection: Matthew 3:13-16
13Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14But John tried to deter him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?"

Lord Jesus--John was in awe of your coming to him to be baptized. It seems inappropriate to him that he should be he one who baptized Messiah. The job given to him he was not worthy of in his mind. In so many ways that is the way it is in all efforts made in your kingdom. The person doing what you have lined out is imperfect, fundamentally flawed of heart and mind.

The truly amazing thing is you use ordinary flawed imperfect people in your work. People not perfect but saved by grace, the unmerited favor of your love poured out right while I am in the middle of my imperfection.

15Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." Then John consented.

Fulfilling all righteousness was what your whole life was about Lord Jesus. It is your example that I am attempting to follow in the big things and in the little. You lived your life to full up to overflowing what the Father expected of you. I do a poor job at best of following your steps.

16As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

A voice from heaven validated what you already knew in your heart to be true. Lord Jesus you know how it is in this walk of faith, so much of the time it is a walk where "we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror." So as I walk today help me to live out the kind of life that reflects your example even when it is as in a poor refection. I am convinced that at my best my attempts at following your example leaves much to be desired.

Lord Jesus bring life to my attempts at discipleship and at walking the Jesus walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment