Monday, December 28, 2009

Κύριος Notes:Pure of Heart



Adoration/Praise


Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.





Scripture Reflections:Matthew 5
8Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

pure
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): pur·er; pur·est
1 a (1) : unmixed with any other matter (2) : free from dust, dirt, or taint (3) : spotless, stainless characterized by no appreciable alteration of articulation during utterance synonyms see chaste


Lord Jesus this blessing you gave extends to me today? Moses in the Old Testament was the only one to see the back of God. In the age and time I live we struggle with knowing what is pure...from everything from water to relationships this time struggles with the pure. Put that adjective "pure" with heart and it just leaves me scratching my head and wondering...a little bit like Nic that night he met You and you talked of the new birth...his reaction was simple and stark:

John 3:9
9Nicodemus said to Him, "How can these things be?"

The reality is without Your love and without Your death on the cross working within me everyday...purity of heart just can not be lived out. It is through your death, and resurrection, and my participation in it daily that purity of heart can take place. I realize that the creation of a clean heart... a pure heart... is something that is left Your hands Jesus. Just like the prayer of David:
"Psalm 51: 10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.


It takes a creative act just like when you spoke creation into existence for there to be pure anything in this heart of mine Lord Jesus.

Lord Jesus work in my heart today as you see fit.The goal of your work within me is to show me your activity and engagement in the world that surrounds me. Work Lord Jesus in my heart so I can see that activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment