Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Κύριος Notes:Dialogue with the Devil(part 2)

Adoration/Praise
It is still dark outside Lord Jesus
But the Light of Life is with me.
This is the darkest part of the year and yet
I celebrate Your Light.
Shine in me today Lord.


Scripture Reflection:Matthew 4:5-7
5Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6"If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written: " 'He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'"

Lord Jesus you had nothing to prove to this liar and murder. I am sure that jumping off the temple and coming to earth without a scratch would have brought a following and an audience with important people. Herod would have been thinking how he could use this skill to outwit his Roman overlords. I am sure that the Romans would have wanted to mechanize your abilities and rule the rest of the world. But you did not listen this liar.

7Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"

In fact just like fasting, the reality of angelic protection at moments of the Father's choosing was a strength not something to be tested, worried about or managed. The Father's protection was to be trusted and followed in a walk of faith.

So I am back to the Jesus walk, a walk of faith and light, trusting in the Father's direction for the journey. I don't have to test because the next step is the validation of protection.

Help me walk today as you would have me to Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment