Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Κύριος Notes:Returning to the Land of Promise

Adoration/Praise

There is a River
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of our God.
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of our God.
So I will rejoice, I will rejoice and be glad!
I will rejoice, I will rejoice and be glad!
There is a fountain full of grace and it flows from Emmanuel's veins.
It came and it healed me, it came and refreshed me,
it came and washed my sin away!

Scripture Reflection: Matthew 2:19-23
19After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt 20and said, "Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child's life are dead."


It was in God's timing when this small family would return to their home. It was the protection of God that provided for the means and the method of escape, and then for the return. God made it clear to this couple when the time was right.

There was implicit trust that God would speak and that whatever he said was what would happen. Lord Jesus thank you for the reality of the fact that you speak and that your leadership continues in my life to this day. The circumstances of my life are not a mystery to you and are not outside of your grace's and love's reach.

21So he got up, took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel. 22But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee,

The dreams continued to come to this man Joseph who was so much involved in Your life as a child, a teen and a young man.

23and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets: "He will be called a Nazarene."

It amazes me that location which appears to be an accident of history, was instead a detail that was planned. Lord Jesus have the freedom in my life to move in such a way that the details of my life, like where I live fit into the plan for my life. Lead guide and direct.

No comments:

Post a Comment