Saturday, December 19, 2009

Questions?

As I reflect on where LSCC has been working through what Jesus did during his earthly ministry, I am struck by the reality of the power and the glory at work in Jesus.
This is a picture of the transfiguration which really was just the literal expression of the glory that was demonstrated daily in the disciples experience.
They lived out the days of miracles as they walked the dusty roads of Galilee and of Judea. You said:
John 14:12
12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Then why do I struggle Lord with the reality of something less than the miraculous? Are there ways that you are being limited by my lack of faith?

It seems as if much of my time is spent a lot like the children of Israel tramping around in the desert wilderness for 40 years, all because of perceived giants much bigger than the God that they served. Were they bigger than You? No never couldn't be, when faith was present the same walls that seemed so strong fell down to the shouts of your people. Jericho is just another example of what you can do when people trust you are work with them...using simple things like the spoken word to chage the way that the world works.

Where does that leave me? With questions that can only be answered as life is lived out from the vantage point of faith in the everyday. What questions do you have that have no easy answers?



No comments:

Post a Comment