Thursday, December 10, 2009

Κύριος Notes:Dialogue with the Devil(part 3)

Adoration/Praise
My granddaughter is playing at my feet
Reminds me of the duration of Your blessings Lord
To my children's, children's, children.
Thank You Jesus for your loving kindness.

Scripture Reflection:Matthew 4:8-10
8Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me."
10Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'" 11Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.


Lord Jesus this is really a temptation about timing and commitment to the will of the Father. All the kingdom's of the world secular and sacred, seen and unseen will bow down before you in the timing of the Father. Satan could only offer a temporary change in circumstance. You were willing to wait for the eternal kingdom given at the Father's hand according to His time table.

Philippians 2
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Satan the very one tempting you to step outside of the Father's timing will bow his knee and confess to the glory of the Father that you are Lord.

Lord Jesus teach me the ways of your timing and your work in my life. Help me be content in the place and time where you put me. There are lessons to be learned right where I am. Lessons that once learned will be the building blocks for the next step in your plan.


Lord Jesus work in this day help me yield to your timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment