Thursday, December 31, 2009

Κύριος Notes:Blessings During the Conflict


Adoration/Praise

Lord Jesus As I write this the moon is just setting on the sky is just begining to lighten with the streaks of dawn...blue sky with just a hint of clouds are visible and I celebrate and praise your mercies to me again. Be with Your people today.

Scripture Reflection Matthew 5
10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Lord Jesus as I write this I realize that the clouds are gathering around me. That persecution for righteousness and for your sake may not be far away. Persecution may come to this place that I call home.

Politics are not the point nor is this little plot of ground that I call home in the Northcountry of New York. Following you Lord Jesus in the middle of a world that is filled with the spiritual battle that surrounds me continues to be the point. I know that the tradition that I am a part of spiritually has tended to think in black and white categories which keep us safe to a degree, but that hide the nuances of change that confront us in this twisted world..it is not just black and white there is red and purple...

It is about not just talking about doing what is right...it is about finding creative ways within our culture and our community to connect with people and develop relationship with them. It is doing what is right within my social and community context.
It is the doing part that seems to trip me up more than anyting...Your call to me Jesus is not just to talking about things, it is about doing...living out in reality of the weekday Your call. That results in people identifying that I am different....not so much because I look different or even try to stand out but I just do.

How? I don't lie, I don't cheat, I don't steal, I try to be a person of grace in the middle of conflict, I work for balance and sustainability, I try to identify the long term value of being honest in the big things and the small things...I focus on identifying the people values and not just the machines...I continue to point to the need for justice, mercy and kindness even when it is not cost effective or maybe even frightening or is not exactly a part of the political agenda of the group I may be a part of in larger issues. Lord Jesus that is the call, but living it out is the challenge and is not possible without You with me in a way that only Emmanuel can be with me.

I am impressed with the fact that these blessings if I have received them all tend to develop a balanced person...a person who is spiritually ready to meet the challenge of the present culture of change, but that is not looking to stand out. Just looking to be what you would have me be in a world that needs witness so desperately.


Lord Jesus in these coming days help me to be a balanced, Grace filled, powerful witness to You and to Your power to transform.

No comments:

Post a Comment