Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Days Devotional


Κύριος Notes
3/14/2009 5:34AM
Saratoga Springs, NY

Adoration
Praise Starts the Day
Praise the One who died
Praise the One who lives
Praise the Son who sets us free
Scripture Reflection:Luke 4

31-32He went down to Capernaum, a village in Galilee. He was teaching the people on the Sabbath. They were surprised and impressed—his teaching was so forthright, so confident, so authoritative, not the quibbling and quoting they were used to.

Jesus you don't quibble. There is authority that is a part of who you are. Some times I want to make you less than you are...just a friend, or just a luck rabbits foot, or sometime just a tune that I whistle in a dark place to make me feel better.

So of all of that is true.You are there with me in the dark and you are my friend...you are my savior.

But beyond that...included in that you are Lord of Creation, Messiah, God with us, you are the changer of my life. I stand in awe of who you are. You continue to transform me into what you would have me to be. The people in Capernaum knew just by the sound of your voice that you were not just a regular teacher, but that you spoke with the power of a maker, a shaper, a molder of what is to what can be. I want the maker, the shaper, the molder to make, and shape and mold me.

Lord help me to hear not just my friend speaking to me...help me to remember that...my Lord speaks...my Lord seeks...the same Lord that spoke creation into existence is willing to speak to me. I am listening today Lord for you call, for your command, for you companionship.

No comments:

Post a Comment