Thursday, March 19, 2009

Kurios Notes


Κύριος Notes
Adoration
Jesus Messiah
His body the bread
His blood the wine
Broken and poured out
all for love
The whole earth trembled
And the veil was torn
Love so amazing
Love so amazing
--(Chris Tomlin)
Scripture Reflections: Luke 5

12While Jesus was in one of the towns, a man came along who was covered with leprosy. When he saw Jesus, he fell with his face to the ground and begged him, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean." 13Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" And immediately the leprosy left him.

How often do I come to you Jesus with my "if's?" Here this man in desperate need, separated from family, suffering horrible disfigurment and pain comes to You with his request. You told us "Ask and it shall be given to you...seek and you shall find..." Am I asking, or am I just sitting in my own stuff, feeling good about feeling bad?

Was there any doubt that you were willing to make this person clean, Lord? No! You knew from eternity past that he would have this disease...this symbol of the impact of sin and yet a horrendous sickness. You knew that he would make this request out of lips that may have not even been able to form the words with clarity.

What "if's" would I bring to you today Lord?

  • If you are willing move in Holy Spirit, speak, transform, change my priorites, inhabit anew this meandering example of humanity.
  • If you are willing let me be a light to those that surround me, let me shine for you today.
  • If you are willing work in my understanding and emotions to bring me to a sense of what is possible when you are at work in my life.

The truely amazing thing is you are willing.

Love so amazing, love so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment