Monday, March 23, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Κύριος Notes
3/23/2009
Adoration
Set My Spirit Free
Set my spirit free that I might worship Thee.
Set my spirit free that I might praise Thy name.
Let all bondage go and let deliverance flow.
Set my spirit free to worship Thee.
Scripture Reflections: Luke 5
21The Pharisees and the teachers of the law began thinking to themselves, "Who is this fellow who speaks blasphemy? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"
They got the question exactly right didn’t they Lord. They saw what your healing implied. They saw the issues that it raised. They seemed to fixate on the process and not the power that was displayed.
The forgiving of this man’s sins was a part of the process of his healing. Without forgiveness his need was not addressed at it source.
Why is it that I want to experience your power but also want to control the process? I want just like these men for you to work in ways and at times that fit my way of thinking. I want to control process.

22Jesus knew what they were thinking and asked, "Why are you thinking these things in your hearts? 23Which is easier: to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'? 24But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins...." He said to the paralyzed man, "I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home."

Lord you know our questions and you meet them. You demonstrated Your power to heal this man, but also You address the questions that were not even fully formed on the lips of these men who were the religious leaders of their day.
Help me with my questions today.

No comments:

Post a Comment