Saturday, March 21, 2009

Kurios Notes


Κύριος Notes
3/21/2009
Saratoga Springs, NY
Adoration
I will Rise
Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead
And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And I will rise,
I will rise
Chris Tomlin
Scripture Reflection: Luke 5
17One day as he was teaching, Pharisees and teachers of the law, who had come from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem, were sitting there. And the power of the Lord was present for him to heal the sick. 18Some men came carrying a paralytic on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus. 19When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus. 20When Jesus saw their faith, he said, "Friend, your sins are forgiven."
I am thinking about finding my way to You Lord...everyone has had to make that journey. Friends or family are almost always involved. This man was carried to You on the stretcher of his sickness.
So many times I find myself in need and at Your feet. I have been brought there by people who may or may not know the reason for my need.
I am so thankful for loving, concerned friends that brought me to Your feet Jesus...through the roof and down to your feet. Just not paying attention to the looks of the crowd and the dust and dirt they were throwing along the way. Praise Jesus...help me to be that kind of friend to others I meet.
When we find our way to Jesus there is first the need for forgiveness. The miracles of Jesus are interesting. There are times when there is forgiveness given, and times when there is just healing. It would seem to imply to me that this young man was on that stretcher for a reason. His sin one way or the other had gotten him in the place where he could not move without the help of friends.
There is also the need for acceptance and healing.
Where are the places where I need healing today Lord? Lord--See, Forgive, and heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment