Sunday, March 29, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Κύριος Notes
Adoration
HOLINESSHoliness Holiness
Is what I long for
Holiness is what I need
Holiness Holiness
Is what you want from me
Take my heart and form it
Take my mind transform it
Take my will conform it
To yours to yours oh Lord
Scripture Reflections Luke 6
1 One Sabbath when Jesus and his disciples were walking through some wheat fields, the disciples picked some wheat. They rubbed the husks off with their hands and started eating the grain. 2 Some Pharisees said, "Why are you picking grain on the Sabbath? You're not supposed to do that!" 3 Jesus answered, "You surely have read what David did when he and his followers were hungry. 4 He went into the house of God and took the sacred loaves of bread that only priests were supposed to eat. He not only ate some himself, but even gave some to his followers." 5 Jesus finished by saying, "The Son of Man is Lord over the Sabbath."
You are Lord…of all. That simple fact is a theme that resurfaces again and again. It is a theme in the gospels and it is a theme that continues to resurface in my life. It is foundational. It is the watershed issue of life. It can not be ignored. You were rabbi, and teacher to your disciples, and responsible for their actions. Their actions reflected on you. They were accused of harvesting…working on the Sabbath.

It is interesting that You were not eating grain. Who started to pick first? Was it Peter? Was it Andrew…did they try to sneak it…were they just too hungry to fast.

So what can I take away from this incident that begins the conflict with the religious elites of your day?
Where are the places in my life where you are not Lord? Where are the places in my life where my actions call into question your leadership?--- “Jesus don’t you see what he is doing…what kind of leader are you if he is one of yours and he is doing that?”

You are Lord …you are the one who sets the agenda even if the agenda makes me uncomfortable. What could have been, if these leaders had been able to see and embrace your ministry? The road to the cross started with this interaction with the rich and powerful surrounding the issue of Sabbath observance. The miraculous could not make up for the fact that in their eyes you were a Sabbath breaker.

The interaction with You over this pivotal issue in their view of the world limited their ability to accept you. What are the pivot points in my life where you must be Lord of all or you are not Lord at all? My impact for you is limited by my acceptance of your Lordship in my life. Nothing else…I can have an impact but it is a dependant and corollary impact.

Lord Jesus forgive me for those places in the last week where my actions brought into question Your leadership. In this day that stretches out before me, Lord lead and guide in it. Help me to be what you would have me to be. Let me be a reflection of You. Shine Jesus Shine in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment