Saturday, March 28, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Κύριος Notes
Adoration
In the morning
How many mornings have we started together?
It is in these still few moments that we connect again.
The Holy has come to meet the meandering yet again.
You are focusing and leading me to areas of new growth.
Lord, speak during this time.

Scripture Reflections: Luke 5
36He told them this parable: "No one tears a patch from a new garment and sews it on an old one. If he does, he will have torn the new garment, and the patch from the new will not match the old. 37And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. 38No, new wine must be poured into new wineskins. 39And no one after drinking old wine wants the new, for he says, 'The old is better.' "


Why it is Lord that I always want to put your work in my life into safe, comfortable, well used containers? Why is it that I am more interested in patching up that old instead doing what needs to be done and starting out new.

Your message does not fit into the old and the comfortable. It does not allow me to just go on with business as usual. You call me to fundamental change. You have no interest in a rehabilitation of the old me. That would be familiar and fit right in with the mantra of today…self help, self actualization and being all that I can be.

You know the truth about me…Rehabilitation would not rattle my safe world one least little bit. But instead you have set out to transform me. That is much more intimating…and you are firmly aimed at something that I have only a limited view of. Will I recognize myself when you are done with me?

Please don’t let me become a caricature of a follower of the Holy. A nightmare that haunts me is that I will become a polyester leisure suit wearing manikin that speaks but only in trite, cliche drivel…a new language born…Christian-ese. I am sure that is not what you are aiming at. Appearance is something that is not even close to what you are concerned with…Your aim is true, you aim at the heart.

In fact the transformational process is aimed at changing the essence of who I am. Just like there is a difference between wine and grape juice. During the fermentation process there is a change in chemical make up of grape juice. You want to see change in my life that takes place on that same very basic level.


Your work in my life is aimed at a change that forever alters thoughts, feelings, perception and priorities. You want to change goals into missions, you want to change my thoughts into a ongoing dialogue with you, you want to show me the way that my world impacts your feelings and can touch mine. You want your perceptions of the world to become my present reality, and you want to see your priorities lived out in all of my today’s.

No I guess I don’t have to worry about leisure suits…and no facial hair…

For that process to take place there needs to be room to grow…room to expand…room to allow the process to take place. If that change is put in the old and the familiar it will only result in loss.

Lord work in my life, continue that process that you began years ago. Help me to allow you as much room as you need for this change to continue. Work Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment