Thursday, September 24, 2009

Κύριος Notes--The Kingdom of God is Near

Adoration

Revive Me
Revive me, according to your loving kindness
Revive me, that I may seek your word
Revive me, according to your loving kindness
Revive me, oh Lord
You give me understanding
According to your word
Great peace for those who seek your face
I long for salvation
My lips shall praise your name
I rejoice in the treasure of your keep
Jeremy Camp


Scripture Reflections: Luke 21
29He told them this parable: "Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

Lord Jesus--what would you say to me? The Kingdom is near. That was the simple message that the disciples preached when you sent them out. It was the message that John preached and was the theme of his revival before your coming. It is a simple message, but just as true today as when you preached it. The kingdom of God is near.

32"I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 33Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Your word does not fail, your promise to return will be fulfilled. As I write this it is the middle of the night ...darkness surrounds me and I realize that the timing of your return is shielded from my view. It could be tomorrow and it could be years and decades away. Your return has been the hope of the faithful since you were taken from the disciples into the clouds.

I know that this hope...this promise is both a motivator, and it calls me to responsibility. So what should my personal response be to reality of your return?

34"Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap. 35For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the whole earth. 36Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."

Lord Jesus--There is a need to be careful in the way that I live. I haven't had to worry about drunkness for some time but I know that my choices surround me. Choices are both a blessing and a curse. Let my choices let me closer to you...deeper into your grace. Don't allow a hope of your return become a trap for me Lord Jesus. To make sure that does not happen I need to watch and pray...and seek after you each day.

Lord Jesus--Revive my spirit by the work of your Holy Spirit may I sense your guidance in the day that opens before me. In these last days, shine in my heart with clarity and brilliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment