Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Κύριος Notes:Fear or Faith

Adoration

This little light of mine
I’m gonna let it shine
This little light of mine
I’m gonna let it shine
This little light of mine
I’m gonna let it shine
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine

Scripture Reflections:Luke 22
1Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread, called the Passover, was approaching, 2and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some way to get rid of Jesus, for they were afraid of the people.

Lord Jesus fear is the reaction that your teaching brought up to the religious leaders of your day. Following you can be frightening you don't always bring me to places that are comfortable. Which always leaves me with a choice: I can follow when the path leads through dark places, or I can go it on my own. Lord Jesus I choose to follow. Help me to make that choice even when I am afraid.

3Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve.

One of the tragedies of the New Testament was this simple choice of Judas to reject your teaching and to betray all that he had been taught and all that he had seen. Lord his story is a story of caution, I would like to think that there is a qualitative difference between Judas and myself. That there is a difference of kind, in the choice that he made. But the truth is something different. My choices are just like his...that is the scary part. I could make the same twisted choice.

4And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus.

There will always be those who cheer on those who have allowed Satan entrance. Lord Jesus these leaders who should have been a source of wisdom, but instead just cheered as Judas ran headlong over the cliff. They used him for thier own ends.

5They were delighted and agreed to give him money.6He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.

In the end Judas made his choices. I choose differently Lord Jesus.

In this day I choose to be a person of light...a person of obedience and I choose to follow even when the way creates fear in me. I know that you will not lead me anywhere where your grace can not support me.

This little light of mine
I 'm going to let it shine...

No comments:

Post a Comment