Thursday, September 10, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
Let the blind man
say I can see again
Let the dead man
say I am born again
Let the river flow
Let the river flow

Scripture Reflection: Luke 20
9He went on to tell the people this parable: "A man planted a vineyard, rented it to some farmers and went away for a long time. 10At harvest time he sent a servant to the tenants so they would give him some of the fruit of the vineyard. But the tenants beat him and sent him away empty-handed.

Lord Jesus I am a renter not an owner...all that you have given is really held in trust. Sometimes I am a good manager of it sometimes not. Always it is a challenge to remember my role in the schema...a tenant farmer...a sharecropper...

When I remember where I belong it makes the whole thing so much easier...you are the owner...all that I hold is yours. You give and take away. Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Too often I end up like these tenants of the vineyard...wanting to become something that I am not and can never be. Lord remind me of where I belong. Really anything other than giving you your rightful place in my life is rebellion, forgive me Lord Jesus.

11He sent another servant, but that one also they beat and treated shamefully and sent away empty-handed. 12He sent still a third, and they wounded him and threw him out. 13"Then the owner of the vineyard said, 'What shall I do? I will send my son, whom I love; perhaps they will respect him.'

14"But when the tenants saw him, they talked the matter over. 'This is the heir,' they said. 'Let's kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.' 15So they threw him out of the vineyard and killed him.
"What then will the owner of the vineyard do to them? 16He will come and kill those tenants and give the vineyard to others." When the people heard this, they said, "May this never be!"

These were hard words for this group to hear...they are hard words for me to hear. There is a cost for rejection of the light...there is cost to holding on to what is not mine in the first place. Lord Jesus teach me the ways of the sharecropper...teach me the ways of the faithful steward...show me the places where rebellion threatens.

17Jesus looked directly at them and asked, "Then what is the meaning of that which is written: " 'The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone? 18Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces, but he on whom it falls will be crushed."

This is a wandering and interesting life, you call me to remember my place, my calling, my hope. I am to be the very best holder of this scared trust that I can be...in this day and in everyday that you give me.

Lord there are times when my experience is so capricious and changeable. Life becomes like a angry child who has asked for love and is unanswered still...and it leaves me sometimes laughing and sometimes crying. Wondering, is there any sense that can be made of this? Then You remind me that it doesn't really make any sense at all, looking at it from the side of the looking glass that I am on...my job is to trust...to hope...to endure...to lean...to learn.

Ok. I get it...at least right now, your grace gives me eyes that see...it is a statement of faith this praise that says...
Let the blind man
say I can see again
Let the dead man
say I am born again
Let the river flow
Let the river flow
Let the river flow
Let the river flow
Holy Spirit come
Move in power
Let the river flow

No comments:

Post a Comment