Monday, September 14, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
Soulshine
When you cant find the light,
That got you through the cloudy days,
When the stars aint shinin bright,
You feel like youve lost youre way,
When those candle lights of home,
Burn so very far away,
Well you got to let your soul shine,
Just like my daddy used to say
.
He used to say soulshine,
Its better than sunshine,
Its better than moonshine,
Its sure better than rain.
Hey now people dont mind,
We all get this way sometime,
Got to let your soul shine,
shine till the break of day.
--Allman Brothers
Scripture Reflection: Luke 20
41Then Jesus said to them, "How is it that they say the Christ is the Son of David? 42David himself declares in the Book of Psalms: " 'The Lord said to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand 43until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet." ' 44David calls him 'Lord.' How then can he be his son?"


We need to shine right in the place where we are, nothing else is good enough. In the middle of life that has it conflicts and controversies we need to be aware of and engaged in conversations about what is real. You Lord Jesus are real. Your birth was predicted as we were leave Eden...and here you leave those who would accuse you and question you speechless.

Lord Jesus in the middle of the days of my life...shine in my soul with clarity and grace. Shine in the middle of the ups and the downs...shine in the days and in the nights.

45While all the people were listening, Jesus said to his disciples, 46"Beware of the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted in the marketplaces and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. 47They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely."

You call me to authenticity and genuineness no matter where I find myself. Not just in the marketplaces and in the meeting houses of worship but in real life. You want me to be an example of how You would live today. It would not be by becoming rich at the expense of the poor and the oppressed on Monday after praying for them on Sunday.
Lord let the words of my prayers be in keeping with the actions and interactions that form my life. I seek to be like you today Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment