Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see You
Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see You.

Scripture Reflection:Luke 18:35-42

35As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging. 36When he heard the crowd going by, he asked what was happening. 37They told him, "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by."
38He called out, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"

It is interesting to me that this blind man knew he was blind and asked for help. Somehow ironic that the disciples were unable to understand what You were telling them of Your impending death on the cross while at Jerusalem.

I wonder what I am blind to? Lord where are the areas that you want to give me greater vision? Where are the places where I don't even know enough to know that I am blind? I have a feeling it is more ways that I would like to think about.


I come from a certain place, from a certain time period...with a certain education and outlook on the world....I am more and more certain that there are massive blind spots in the way that I view the world...the way that I view You Lord and the way that I see your work in the world and in other people. Open the eyes of my heart Lord to what you would have me see...even when it is uncomfortable.


39Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"

I am so glad that this man just would not shut up...he was going to get his need met or at least be able to meet You Lord Jesus. I wonder how many blessings I miss Lord because of trying to control what is going on around me.

40Jesus stopped and ordered the man to be brought to him. When he came near, Jesus asked him, 41"What do you want me to do for you?" "Lord, I want to see," he replied.
42Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has healed you." 43Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, praising God. When all the people saw it, they also praised God.


This man had a concrete need and was able to ask You even though the crowd wanted him to be quiet and go along peacefully. Lord Jesus thank you for this example of enduring and patience in asking.

Thank you for this day Lord Jesus...help me to live in expectation of what you want to show me today...teach me the way that you see things.


No comments:

Post a Comment