Sunday, September 20, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

My Savior My God
My Savior loves, My Savior lives
My Savior's always there for me
My God: He was, my God; He is
My God is always gonna be
Aaron Shust
Scripture Reflection: Luke 21

8He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them.

Your coming the second time Lord Jesus will be something the beginnings of which may be misunderstood by those who are not listening closely. There will be those who are impostures that will claim to be you. The list continues to grow, from the followers of Hale Bop to those who believe Joesph Smith and went out to the Utah desert a century and a half ago.

Lord Jesus you ask me not to listen to those who would take your place in my heart and life. Not to listen to those who are just looking for a following. 9When you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away."

10Then he said to them: "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

Your return will be a climactic event. Your coming will be something that will be preceded by major events and major signs that you are on the way. Wars to end all wars have already been fought Lord. Even a second world world that engulfed the entire globe. We are just a bit away from yet another one if you do not return.

Beyond just political upheaval there will also be natural upheaval...tsunamis? Earthquakes and unscheduled comets...and I am back to Hale Bop yet again. The unusual will become usual is what you seem to be saying...there will be a ramping up of the unusual in a way that will be frightening and spectacular. It is not quite that way right now, but there seems to be an escalation of the unusual.

Lord Jesus in the middle of this life, help me to be balanced in a world that cycles between the spectacualar and the mundane.

No comments:

Post a Comment