Friday, September 4, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Holy, holy, holy!
All the saints adore Thee,
Casting down their golden crowns
around the glassy sea;
Cherubim and seraphim
falling down before Thee,
Who was, and is, and evermore shall be.

Scripture Reflection:Luke 19

28After Jesus had said this, he went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem. 29As he approached Bethphage and Bethany at the hill called the Mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples, saying to them, 30"Go to the village ahead of you, and as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. 31If anyone asks you, 'Why are you untying it?' tell him, 'The Lord needs it.' "

32Those who were sent ahead went and found it just as he had told them. 33As they were untying the colt, its owners asked them, "Why are you untying the colt?"
34They replied, "The Lord needs it."

This morning I am aware of the little things that validate the reality of your grace and your intimate knowledge of my life and times. Here for the disciples it was a simple colt that was tied just where you said it would be tied. It was nothing big, just something that clued them in to the fact that you were aware of the situation that confronted them even in little ways.

I am aware of your intervention in my life in little and big ways. You are there and you know the issues that form the details of my life. You know all about gas money, rent, mortgages, and utilities...and you care and are aware of my needs. You provide for me to accomplish your will and direction for my life. All I really need to do is to show up and step out in faith.

When the disciples untied the colt they were stepping out in faith...that you knew and that you had prepared the way for them. I will step out Lord in your will even when it takes faith that you are preparing the little things like a colt tied on the side of the way...or maybe the resources that are not here for the next step of faith that you are calling me to.

Lord Jesus--Help me in this day to be all that you would have me to be...help me to follow without hesitation even in the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment