Sunday, September 13, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
Through many dangers,
toil and snares, I have already come;
'Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

Scripture Reflection: Luke 20

27Some of the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Jesus with a question. 28"Teacher," they said, "Moses wrote for us that if a man's brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and have children for his brother. 29Now there were seven brothers. The first one married a woman and died childless. 30The second 31and then the third married her, and in the same way the seven died, leaving no children. 32Finally, the woman died too. 33Now then, at the resurrection whose wife will she be, since the seven were married to her?"

Just another agenda question...this one you entered into the debate in a way that was able to turn in productive directions. How many of my questions are honest ones Lord...without pre-programed agendas? Lord work within my heart that I may not be stuck with my own agenda items. So much of the time, I am the result of my history, the family that I grew up in and the culture that I am a part of...and you want more for me than just where I have been. You have in this mix you have a destination in mind that does not depend on my history or my skills but on your grace and leading. Questions were not the issues...you are always ready to respond to my questions...but here there was the intent to trick or some who hijack your teaching for the day.

34Jesus replied, "The people of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35But those who are considered worthy of taking part in that age and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, 36and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection.

There will be a foundational change in the age to come. The structure of it will be fundamentally different. The basic structure of society will remain family the difference will be that God is will be our Father for we will be children of the resurrection...brought to life by the resurrection of Christ. I wonder if I will be able to remember this life with any accuracy. I wonder if I will want to? I have only tasted of that relationship with the Father, but there will come a day when the way things work will be so different that the only picture...the only analogy that makes sense was that of the angels.

37But in the account of the bush, even Moses showed that the dead rise, for he calls the Lord 'the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.' 38He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive."

'Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.
Home waits and Dad will be there is a way that I can only imagine at this point...far beyond the pictures that I have of what a Father is...far beyond the pictures and thoughts that I have experienced of a father.

No comments:

Post a Comment