Friday, September 18, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
My Savior My God
That He would leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my Savior
My Savior loves, My Savior lives
My Savior's always there for me
My God: He was, my God; He is
My God is always gonna be
Aaron Shust
Lord Jesus, This morning I am aware of your sacrifce to come to this place that is so far from your home and so twisted from what it was meant to be. You came just to save, just to redeem what was lost and enslaved.
Scripture Reflection: Luke 21:7
7"Teacher," they asked, "when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are about to take place?"

This seems like such a simple question Lord, in context these same men watched the people of the nation miss your coming. So they did not want to miss the unfolding of your plan.

Lord Jesus my prayer this morning is: don't let me miss your unfolding plan either in the unfolding of the large plan of your return, or of the smaller little world that I am a part of right in front of me.

So much of the time I want your plan to be spectacular and grandiose...large things happening large plans seen worked out in front of me. But my experience of your plan is as simple as the need that I am unaware of right in front of my feet and hands. Do not let me miss your call of grace on my life today...to see and help the need and hurt that surrounds me that I have some ability to impact.

So my prayer today in the middle of such climactic and at the same time anticlimactic times keep me faithful to the task that you have put before these two hands. Help me to live out these simple words today...

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment