Thursday, May 21, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
More Than A Friend
In the quiet of my soul
In the stillness I hear Your voice call
And I am overwhelmed
And I am lost for wordsTo describe You
Jesus You're more than a friend
Jesus You're more than my heart
Could ever express
Your love and Your grace never fail me
Your merciful touch always heals me
You bring joy to my soul, joy to my soul
My heart longs to worship You my king
And I long to bring You a pleasing offering
And I am overwhelmed
And I am lost for words
To describe You
--Jeremy Rddle


Scripture Reflections: Luke 9

21Jesus strictly warned them not to tell this to anyone.

At this point the opposition was mounting to Your ministry Lord...the crowds loved you and the religious leadership didn't. There was a need to stay under the radar. There comes a point when people have been in opposition to the truth for just too long, and your only choice is to move in a new direction. Lord, I will follow...don't allow me to miss your leading...I want to be with you no matter where you lead.

22And he said, "The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life."

This was not the Christ that the disciples expected. The idea of Messiah suffering and dieing was just not what was in thier catagories...they could not grasp it.

Where are the places where I just don't get it, Lord? Places where your direction is in a differnt way than I expect or want to go? I am sure that the cross was not where you wanted to go, but you saw the direction of the Father and you obeyed.

I have the feeling there are more place than I would like to admit where my expectations are not yours...places where I need to change to be in step with your leading.
Jesus your love and your grace never fail me...you bring joy to my soul.
Even when my expectations need to change...even when it hurts to see them change...even when all of these words are statements of faith....and I am left wondering how they will ever come to past...your bring joy to my soul.

Lord Jesus--In this day show me the places where I need to change and I need to grow. Show me where your leading in this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment