Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

"Praise You In This Storm"

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

Scripture Reflections:Luke 8
22One day Jesus said to his disciples, "Let's go over to the other side of the lake." So they got into a boat and set out. 23As they sailed, he fell asleep. A squall came down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger.
You knew before you left the side of the lake that there would be a storm, and still you were able to sleep while you were waiting...not worried...not concerned that you might drown. In the middle of water slashing at you feet You were catching z's...
Lord teach me that kind of trust that even as the cloud and wind take shape, even with my feet wet, I can still sleep,

24The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Master, Master, we're going to drown!"

How many times have I hit the panic button instead of the faith button? The problem is it is not a button, there is no automatic way to grow faith, it is a process of growth. It is in the middle of the wind and the rain that faith has the chance to grow, In this storm the disciple missed out on the opportunity to grow. There would be other opportunities in the near future. Lord Jesus, where are the opportunities for my faith to grow right now...where am I missing out?

He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. 25"Where is your faith?" he asked his disciples.

The honest answer is my faith is many times back on the shore during the teaching time when the wind is not screaming in my ears. You want to lead me Lord Jesus to the place where my faith is activated, engaged and enhanced by the storm.

In fear and amazement they asked one another, "Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him."

The wind and the waves obey the one who formed them. I seek to obey the One who formed me. In the next incident we will see that you are master of the storm that rage inside our souls as well as outside.

Lord Jesus, In the day that welcomes me help me to hear this prayer and make it real in my life:

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to you
And you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

But as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment