Monday, May 18, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
There Is None Like You 
I worship You, Almighty God,
there is none like You.
I worship You, oh Prince of Peace,
that is all I long to do.
I lift my hands for You are my righteousness.
I worship You, Almighty God;
there is none like You.

There is none like You,
no one else can touch
my heart like You do.
I could search for all eternity long and find, there is none like You.

Scripture Reflections Luke 9
10When the apostles returned, they reported to Jesus what they had done. Then he took them with him and they withdrew by themselves to a town called Bethsaida,

The disciples have just taken the next step in the spiritual formation, they had started what would in time become the church. It was time for some debriefing and discussion of what could be learned from their first attempt at ministry.

I wonder what pointers you must have given to them Lord Jesus...what were the issues that came up as you were walking with them to Bethsaida? There must have been excitement and over talking, back slapping and story telling of the journey.

11but the crowds learned about it and followed him. He welcomed them and spoke to them about the kingdom of God, and healed those who needed healing.

Lord Jesus you do not overlook need. Your plans were changed by the needs of the crowd and the people who needed healing. I wonder if you were teaching as you were healing? The simple fact that the God of the Universe cares about my needs, my hopes, my sickness is something that I sometimes can not get my mind around. That may have been one of the most important lessons that you re=enforced with every healing that you performed.

What are the needs that you see in me that need your touch of healing Lord? Lord Jesus help me to see the needs that surround me...help me to be sensitive to the needs of the community that surrounds me, and to be willing to change my plans to meet those needs.


12Late in the afternoon the Twelve came to him and said, "Send the crowd away so they can go to the surrounding villages and countryside and find food and lodging, because we are in a remote place here."

13He replied, "You give them something to eat."

They answered, "We have only five loaves of bread and two fish—unless we go and buy food for all this crowd." 14(About five thousand men were there.)

Lord Jesus, sometimes I want to make this relationship with you so spiritual. In the middle of that there is the real world...where there is sickness, there is hunger, there is hopelessness. there are hurting people. hurting marriages, hurting families. There is overwhelming need which can not be ignored. Your ministry was about what you could give, and the hunger of the crowd that day was a need that you wanted to see fulfilled.

But he said to his disciples, "Have them sit down in groups of about fifty each." 15The disciples did so, and everybody sat down. 16Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke them. Then he gave them to the disciples to set before the people. 17They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve bucketfuls of broken pieces that were left over.

This was a miracle of extension...you extended the amount of bread and fish that were available to feed the people. Luke doesn't tell us but this was a child's lunch that was made available for you to use. Maybe Luke didn't see where the fish and bread came from...but here it is for you use.

It seems like such a little thing, giving up a lunch for you Lord, but that small lunch was what you used to feed a crowd. It amazing me what you can do with the little that I have to give...you extent it beyond what I would ever think possible.

Lord Jesus in this day that is coming just a few hours from now, open my eyes to the need that surrounds me, and open my heart to the ways that you want to use me to see those needs met. Be close in this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment